Professor Morteza Aghmesheh
Prof Morteza Aghmesheh
Professor Aghmesheh is a senior staff specialist medical oncologist at Prince of Wales Hospital (POWH) and The Wollongong Hospital (TWH) and an honorary clinical professor at University of Wollongong (UoW). He is a UNSW graduate (Graduate Diploma in Biochemistry and Molecular Genetics 1999 and PhD in Cancer Genetics 2003) and completed his advanced training in medical oncology at POWH/SGH/TWH network in 2008. His main clinical interest is GI malignancies including pancreatic, oesophageal and gastric, hepatobiliary, small and large intestine, rectal and anal cancers.
He has been holding the following positions:
- Honorary clinical Professor at UoW since 2017 (was a senior lecturer at UoW between 2009-2013 and an Honorary Clinical Associate Professor at UoW between 2013-2017)
- Clinical leader for Diagnostics and Therapeutics theme of Illawarra Medical Health and Research Institute (IHMRI) since 2020 (https://www.ihmri.org.au/about-ihmri/governance-and-structure/#Diagnostics-and-therapeutics). Main role has been to develop strategic plan to improve collaboration between clinicians at ISLHD and scientists at IHMRI.
- Honorary clinical research fellow at IHMRI since 2016
- Coordinating Principal Investigator and one of the founders of ISLHD cancer biobank since 2014 and a member of its scientific advisory committee
- Member of CONCERT biobank scientific advisory committee (between 2014-2021)
- Member of "Sisters Cancer Support Group" advisory committee (https://scsg.org.au/)
- Also member of MOGA, COSA, AGITG, ASCO, ESMO, COGNO, and AACR
He has been involved in teaching and mentoring medical students, junior medical officers, basic physician trainees and advanced medical oncology trainees during last decade:
- Involved in Phase 1 teaching program and delivering lectures for medical students at UoW since 2014.
- Developed part of oncology rotation program for medical students at UoW
- Involved in MD admissions interview and OSCE exams at UoW
- Providing small research projects for medical students
- Supervising/co-supervising 6 PhD students and 3 honours students during last 10 years
- Completed all x3 RACP Accredited Supervisor minimum standards for supervisor training workshop (Nov 2019, Feb 2020 and April 2020) allowing to teach and supervise basic and advanced physician trainees.
He is currently involved in several research projects:
- Clinical-lead a project in novel drug delivery platform for treatment of cancer (2021 National Phase Entry in three jurisdictions, USA, EU and AUS PCT/AU2021/050407, PCT/AU2019/051017, WO2020056467A1). He started this project in 2013 through a collaboration with Intelligent Polymer Research Institute and IHMRI and ISLHD. Most of preclinical work for this project has been completed including extensive in vitro and several in vivo experiments for using this device in locally advanced pancreatic cancer. A large animal model (Porcine) is currently undertaken at Westmead Hospital. This project was partially funded (approx. $0.5m) by Cancer Australia with a plan to start first-in-human phase 1 trial in 2023/2024.
- Coordinating Principle Investigator for ISLHD Biobank, a facility which has been collected and distributed cancer biospecimens and information for cancer research projects since 2014 through collaboration between CONCERT, UoW and ISLHD. Illawarra and Shoalhaven Cancer Biobank became an independent facility in 2022 (HREC Code, EC00150, Ethics Application ID 2021/ETH12278)
- Chief Investigator (CI2) on an application for 2022 Ideas Grants (Application ID: 2019792): "Peripheral Immune Signatures in Head and Neck Cancer" developed based on an earlier pilot study at ISLHD and University of Wollongong (Grant Duration: 3 years).
- Australian Principle Investigator for more than 30 international phase 1-3 trials over the last 10 years.
Prince of Wales Hospital, Barker ST, Randwick, NSW, 2031, Australia Prince of Wales Private Hospital, Barker ST, Randwick, NSW, 2031, Australia Illawarra Cancer Care Centre, Wollongong Hospital, Crown Street Wollongong, NSW 2500, Australia Southern Cancer Institute, 410, Crown Street, Wollongong, NSW, 2500, Australia
Education and Training
Name and Location of Institution Degree and Year Awarded Area of Study Royal Australian College of Physicians NSW, Australia FRACP, 2008 Medicine University of New South Wales and Prince of Wales Hospital Sydney, NSW, Australia PhD (Cancer Genetics), 2003 Cancer Genetics University of New South Wales Sydney, NSW, Australia Graduate Diploma (Molecular Genetics), 1998 Molecular Genetics University of Isfahan Isfahan, Iran MD, 1994 Medicine
Position/Title Name and Location of Institution Dates Senior Staff Specialist Medical Oncology The Wollongong Hospital Wollongong, NSW, Australia 2009 - current Senior Staff Specialist Medical Oncology Prince of Wales Hospital Department of Medical Oncology, Level 2, Barker Street Randwick NSW Australia 2031 2022 - current Medical Oncologist
- Southern Cancer Institute
- Southern Medical Day Care Centre
2019 - current VMO Medical Oncologist Wollongong Private Hospital 2016 - current VMO Medical Oncologist Prince of Wales Private Hospital 2022 - current Honorary Clinical Professor Graduate Medicine, University of Wollongong, Wollongong, NSW 2017 - current Honorary Clinical Research Fellow and Clinical Theme Leader (Diagnostics and Therapeutics) Illawarra Medical Health and Research Institute (IHMRI) 2016 - current ,2020 - current Illawarra Hub Principle Investigator of Cancer Biobank CONCERT Translational Cancer Research Centre, Ingham Institute, (http://www.inghaminstitute.org.au) 2014 - current
Membership in advisory committees:
- CONCERT Cancer Biobank’s scientific advisory committee
- Sisters’ Cancer Support Group advisory committee
- CONCERT Translational Cancer Research Centre, Ingham Institute for Applied Medical Research, Liverpool (http://www.inghaminstitute.org.au)
- Medical Oncology Group of Australia (MOGA)
- Clinical Oncological Society of Australia (COSA)
- The Australasian Gastro-Intestinal Trials Group (AGITG)
- Australia & New Zealand Breast Cancer Trial Group (ANZBCTG)
- American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) (June 2007 to present)
- European Society for Medical Oncology (ESMO)(2012 to present)
- Kathleen Cunningham Foundation Consortium for research into Familial Breast cancer (KConFab)
- llawarra Health and Medical Research Institute (IHMRI), University of Wollongong
- 2019-2021 Priority-driven Collaborative Cancer Research Scheme (CI) (Cancer Australia) $554,920
- 2020: CONCERT ECR Grant (AI) (A$100,000)
- 2019: Illawarra Breast Cancer Fundraiser (A$58,000)
- 2017: IHMRI small grant for ImmuNA study (A$25,000)
- 2017: Illawarra Cancer Carers Funding Grant (A$20,000)
- 2015: IHMRI Near-Miss Funding Grant Scheme (A$20,000) for NHMRC application APP 1101229: Changing the treatment paradigm: preclinical assessment of 3D dual-drug-eluting degradable polymeric structures for the neoadjuvant treatment of pancreatic cancer.
- 2015: Illawarra Cancer Carers Funding Grant (A$20,000) for investigation of circulating tumor cells (CTC) for early and advanced stage gastric and gastro-oesophageal carcinomas.
Presentations (2017-2022 only):
- Davar, D., Singel, S., Nyamuswa, G., Tran, T., Wu, Y., Grewal, J., Aghmesheh, M., Spira, A., Ganju, V., Rand, J., Frentzas, S., Bajor, D. and Gabrail, N. TranscendIT-101: a Phase 1/2, open-label, dose escalation and dose expansion study of TransCon TLR7/8 Agonist alone or in combination with pembrolizumab in patients with locally advanced or metastatic solid tumors. Abstract and in-person poster presentation for AACR 2022.
- Bishnoi, S., Cosman, R., Moore, M., Eek, R., Mant, A., Zielinski, R., Chan, L.S., Ma, Y., Zhang, Q., Yau, T. and Aghmesheh, M., 2021. 981P Preliminary safety and efficacy results from phase Ib study of the anti-CTLA-4 monoclonal antibody (mAb) CS1002 in combination with anti-PD-1 mAb CS1003 in patients with advanced solid tumors. ESMO 2021, Annals of Oncology, 32, p.S840.
- HoWai Siu, Robert O’Neill, Matthew Tong, JunHee Hong, Carole Harris, Morteza Aghmesheh, Hussein Hussein. Immune checkpoint inhibitor induced overlapping cardiac and neuromuscular toxicities: Highlight of early diagnosis, early initiation of immunosuppressive therapy and multidisciplinary management. Poster presentation at Society for Immunotherapy of Cancer, Nov 2020. published in Journal for Immunotherapy of Cancer.
- Peter S. Grimison, Martin R. Stockler, Adrienne Kirby, Anna Walsh, Nicholas Lintzeris, Yvonne Cheung, Antony Mersiades, Annette Tognela, Paul Haber, John Simes, Rachael L. Morton, Ian N. Olver, Iain McGregor, Craig Gedye, Peter Fox, Karen P. Briscoe, Morteza Aghmesheh, Ehtesham A. Abdi, Stephen John Clarke, Stephen Della-Fiorentina. Results of crossover phase II component of randomized placebo-controlled trial evaluating oral THC/cannabis extract for refractory chemotherapy-induced nausea and vomiting (CINV). ASCO 2020. Published in JCO: Vol 38 (15).
- Paul Ross, Daniel Croagh, Morteza Aghmesheh, Adnan Nagrial, Vu Kwan, Nam Nguyen, Mehrdad Nikfarjam, Harpreet Wasan, Thankamma Ajithkumar, Chinenye Iwuji, Alain Hendlisz, Michael Warrener, Daniel Kenny, Marion Harris. SU1146 PANCO: An open-label, single-arm pilot study of phosphorus-32 (Oncosil™) microparticles in patients with unresectable locally advanced pancreatic adenocarcinoma (LAPC) in combination with FOLFORINOX or Gemcitabine + nab-paclitaxel chemotherapies. May 2020. Published in Gastroenterology: Vol 158(6), Supplement 1, S-523-S-524
- Paul J. Ross, Daniel Croagh, Morteza Aghmesheh, Adnan Nagrial, Nam Nguyen, Mehrdad Nikfarjam, Harpreet Singh Wasan, Thankamma V. Ajithkumar, Chinenye Iwuji, Alain Hendlisz, Thomas Maher, Anna Kraszewski, Marion Harris. PanCO: An open-label, single-arm pilot study of phosphorus-32 (P-32; Oncosil) microparticles in patients with unresectable locally advanced pancreatic adenocarcinoma (LAPC) in combination with FOLFIRINOX or gemcitabine + nab-paclitaxel (GNP) chemotherapies. ASCO 2019, Chicago, USA.
published in Journal of Clinical Oncology 37(15_suppl):4125-4125
- Mersiades A, Tognela A, Haber PS, Stockler M, Lintzeris N, Simes J, McGregor I, Olver I, Allsop DJ, Gedye C, Kirby AC, Morton RL, Fox, P, Clarke S, Briscoe K, Aghmesheh M, Wong N, Walsh A, Hahn C, Grimison PS. Pilot and definitive randomised double-blind placebo-controlled trials evaluating an oral cannabinoid-rich THC/CBD cannabis extract for secondary prevention of chemotherapy-induced nausea and vomiting (CINV). ASCO 2018, Chicago, USA.
- Aghmesheh, Morteza, Daniel Brungs, Carley Leighton, and Katrin Marie Sjoquist. NAP-CAPABIL: Pilot study of NAB-paclitaxel in combination with capecitabine as second line treatment of advanced biliary cancer. e16156-e16156. ASCO 2018, Chicago, USA.
- Croagh, Daniel, Marion Harris, Morteza Aghmesheh, David B. Williams, Paul J. Ross, Michelle Bradney, and Jeremy Simpson. Mo1304 PANCO: An open label, single arm pilot study of oncosil™, administered to study participants with unresectable locally advanced pancreatic adenocarcinoma, given in combination with folfirinox or gemcitabine+ nab-paclitaxel chemotherapies. Gastrointestinal Endoscopy 87, no. 6 (June 2018): AB437. Washington, USA.
- Siu, D.H.W., Ali, A., Tjokrowidjaja, A., De Silva, M., Lee, J., Clingan, P.R., Aghmesheh, M., Brungs, D., Mapagu, C., Goldstein, D. and O'Neill, S., Clinical and molecular profile of young adults with early‐onset colorectal cancer: Experience from four Australian tertiary centers. 2022, Asia‐Pacific Journal of Clinical Oncology.
- Siu HW, O’Neill R, Harris C, Wang J, Ardolino L, Tong M, Hong JH, Aghmesheh M, Soudy H. Immune checkpoint inhibitor induced myocarditis, myositis, myasthenia gravis and transaminitis: a case series and a review of literature. Immunotherapy. March 2022.
- Ross PJ, Wasan HS, Croagh D, Nikfarjam M, Nguyen N, Aghmesheh M, Nagrial M, et al. Results of a single-arm pilot study of 32P microparticles in unresectable locally advanced pancreatic adenocarcinoma with gemcitabine/nab-paclitaxel or FOLFIRINOX chemotherapy. ESMO Open February 2022; 7 (1): 100356.
- Hope, A., Wade, S.J., Aghmesheh, M. and Vine, K.L., Localized delivery of immunotherapy via implantable scaffolds for breast cancer treatment. Journal of Controlled Release, Jan 2022; 341, 399-413.
- Tincknell, G., Piper, A.K., Aghmesheh, M., Becker, T., Vine, K.L., Brungs, D. and Ranson, M., Experimental and Clinical Evidence Supports the Use of Urokinase Plasminogen Activation System Components as Clinically Relevant Biomarkers in Gastroesophageal Adenocarcinoma. Cancers, 2021; 13(16), p.4097.
- Rachel Woodford, Daniel Brungs, Carly Leighton, Peter Grimison, Katrin M. Sjoquist, Therese Becker, Samuel Robinson, Val Gebski, Kate Wilson, Lorraine Chantrill, Morteza Aghmesheh. Combination chemotherapy with NAB®-paclitaxel and capecitabine for patients with advanced biliary tract cancer (NAP-CAPABIL Pilot Study). Asia-pacific journal of clinical oncology. 2021.
- Samantha J. Wade, Zeliha Sahin, Ann‐Katrin Piper, Sepehr Talebian, Morteza Aghmesheh, Javad Foroughi, Gordon G. Wallace, Simon E. Moulton, Kara L. Vine. Dual Delivery of Gemcitabine and Paclitaxel by Wet‐Spun Coaxial Fibers Induces Pancreatic Ductal Adenocarcinoma Cell Death, Reduces Tumor Volume, and Sensitizes Cells to Radiation. Advanced Healthcare Materials. 9(21): Nov 2020.
- Karolina Juszczyk, Sharlyn Kang, Soni Putnis, Robert Winn, James Chen, Morteza Aghmesheh, Glaucia Fylyk, Daniel Brungs. High body mass index is associated with an increased overall survival in rectal cancer. Journal of Gastrointestinal Oncology. Vol 11, No 4 Aug 2020.
- Lucy Haggstrom, Sharlyn Kang, Robert Winn, Soni Putnis, Elias Nasser, James Chen, Morteza Aghmesheh, Daniel Brungs. Factors influencing recurrence of stage I–III rectal cancer in regional Australia. ANZ Journal of Surgery, July 2020.
- Brungs D, Minaei E, Piper A, Perry J, Splitt A, Carolan M, Ryan S, Wu XJ, Corde S, Tehei M, Aghmesheh M, Vine K, Becker T & Ranson M. Establishment of novel long-term cultures from EpCAM positive and negative circulating tumour cells from patients with metastatic gastroesophageal cancer. Scientific Reports. 10, 539 (2020)
- Brungs D, Lochhead A, Iyer A, Illemann M, Colligan P, Hirst NG, Splitt A, Liauw W, Vine KL, Pathmanandavel S, Carolan M, Becker TM, Aghmesheh M, Ranson M. Expression of cancer stem cell markers is prognostic in metastatic gastroesophageal adenocarcinoma. Pathology. June 2019.
- Haggstrom L, Duong T, Thomas B, Brungs D, Aghmesheh M, Parmar G. Disseminated intravascular coagulation and melanoma: a novel case occurring in metastatic melanoma with BRAF and NRAS mutations and systematic review. Melanoma Research. May 2019.
- Clingan P, Ackland SP, Brungs D, de Souza P, Aghmesheh M, Garg MB, Ranson RD, Parker S, Jokela R, Ranson M. First‐in‐human phase I study of infusional and bolus schedules of Deflexifol, a novel 5‐fluorouracil and leucovorin formulation, after failure of standard treatment. Asia-pacific journal of clinical oncology. 2019.
- Ameli S, Naghdy F, Stirling D, Naghdy G, Aghmesheh M. Quantitative and non-invasive measurement of exercise-induced fatigue. J Sports Engineering and Technology. 2019. 233 (1): 34-45
- Ameli S, Naghdy F, Stirling D, Naghdy G, Aghmesheh M. Chemotherapy-induced fatigue estimation using hidden Markov model. Biocybernetics and Biomedical Engineering. 2019 Jan 1;39(1):176-87.
- E Cohen D Soulières C Le Tourneau … m Aghmesheh … D Zandberg. Pembrolizumab versus methotrexate, docetaxel, or cetuximab for recurrent or metastatic head-and-neck squamous cell carcinoma (KEYNOTE-040): a randomised, open-label, phase 3 study. The Lancet. 393 (10167): 156-167. 2019.
- Mersiades A, Tognela A, Haber PS, Stockler M, Lintzeris N, Simes J, McGregor I, Olver I, Allsop DJ, Gedye C, Kirby AC, Morton RL, Fox, P, Clarke S, Briscoe K, Aghmesheh M, Wong N, Walsh A, Hahn C, Grimison PS. Oral cannabinoid-rich THC/CBD cannabis extract for secondary prevention of chemotherapy-induced nausea and vomiting: a study protocol for a pilot and definitive randomised double-blind placebo-controlled trial (CannabisCINV). BMJ 2018, 12;8 (9).
- Brungs, D., Pathmanandavel, S., Lochhead, A., Illemann, M., Iyer, A., Splitt, A., Perrow, K., Carolan, M., Aghmesheh, M. and Ranson, M., 2018, November. Cancer stem cell markers in metastatic gastroesophageal adenocarcinoma. Asia-pacific journal of clinical oncology. 2018, 14 (100-101).
- Ameli S, Naghdy F, Stirling D, Naghdy G, Aghmesheh M, Anthony R, McLennan P, Peoples G. Measurement and Validation of Exercise-Induced Fatigue Through Inertial Motion Analysis. Journal of Engineering and Science in Medical Diagnostics and Therapy. 2018, 1;1(2):021007.
- Brungs D, Aghmesheh M, de Souza P, Carolan M, Clingan P, Rose J, and Ranson M. Safety and Efficacy of Oxaliplatin Doublet Adjuvant Chemotherapy in Elderly Patients With Stage III Colon Cancer. Clinical colorectal cancer. 2018, 17 (3): 549-555.
- Brungs D, Lynch D, Luk AW, Minaei E, Ranson M, Aghmesheh M, Vine KL, Carolan M, Jaber M, de Souza P, Becker TM. Cryopreservation for delayed circulating tumor cell isolation is a valid strategy for prognostic association of circulating tumor cells in gastroesophageal cancer. World J Gastroenterol. 2018, 24 (7): 810-818.
- Wade SJ, Zuzic A, Foroughi J, Talebian S, Aghmesheh M, Moulton SE, Vine KL. Preparation and in vitro assessment of wet-spun gemcitabine-loaded polymeric fibers: Towards localized drug delivery for the treatment of pancreatic cancer. Pancreatology. 2017, 17(5): 795-804.
- Bommer UA, Vine KL, Puri P, Engel M, Belfiore L, Fildes K, Batterham M, Lochhead A, Aghmesheh M. Translationally controlled tumour protein TCTP is induced early in human colorectal tumours and contributes to the resistance of HCT116 colon cancer cells to 5-FU and oxaliplatin. Cell Commun Signal 2017, 1:15 (1).
- Brungs, D., Chen J., Aghmesheh, M., Vine, K.L., Becker, T. M., Carolan, M.G. and Ranson, M., The urokinase plasminogen activation system in gastroesophageal cancer: A systematic review and meta-analysis. Oncotarget. 2017, 8 (14): 23099-23109.
- Brungs D, Aghmesheh M, de Souza P, Ng W, Chua W, Carolan M, Clingan P, Healey E, Rose J, Tubaro T, Ranson M. Sidedness is prognostic in locoregional colon cancer: an analysis of 9509 Australian patients. BMC Cancer. 2017, 17(1): 251.
- Ameli S, Naghdy F, Stirling D, Naghdy G, Aghmesheh M. Objective clinical gait analysis using inertial sensors and six minute walking test. Pattern Recognition. 63: 246-257, March 2017.
- Brungs D, Aghmesheh M, Vine KL, Becker TM, Carolan MG, Ranson M. Gastric cancer stem cells: evidence, potential markers, and clinical implications. J Gastroenterol 2016 Apr 1;51(4):313-26
- Brungs D, Aghmesheh M, Sjoquist K and Goldstein D. Systemic treatment in advanced biliary cancers: A multicenter Australian analysis and review. Asia-Pacific Journal of Clinical Oncology. 10 NOV 2016 | DOI: 10.1111/ajco.12638.
- Hafeez U, Kuo J, Aghmesheh M, Vangaveti V, Bell G, Ali S. Efficacy and safety of ipilimumab in stage iv melanoma and exploring COP-NLR as a potential biomarker: a retrospective analysis. Asia-Pacific Journal of Clinical Oncology. 12:56-56. August 2016.
- Caixeiro N J, Aghmesheh M, de Souza P and Lee CS. The Centre for Oncology Education and Research Translation (CONCERT) Biobank. Open Journal of Bioresources 2: e3, Dec. 2015 DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5334/ojb.ai
- Barbour A, O'Rourke N, Chandrasegaram MD, Chua YJ, Kench J, Samra JS, Pavlakis N, Haghighi KS, Yip S, Fawcett J, Donoghoe M, Walker K, Burge ME, Gananadha S, Harris M, Aghmesheh M, Joubert WL, Gebski V, Simes J, Goldstein D. A multicenter, phase II trial of preoperative gemcitabine and nab-paclitaxel for resectable pancreas cancer: the AGITG GAP study. J Clin Oncol 33, 2015 (suppl 3; abstr 387).
- Graeme Bell and Morteza Aghmesheh; A comparison of chemotherapy treatment options for rectal cancer: Comparison of cost, morbid events, and patient choice. ISLHD Journal of Research Matters. Vol.1, Issue 1, 2015.
- Aghmesheh M, Saxena A and Niknam F. BRCA1 mutation site may be linked with nuclear DNA ploidy in BRCA1-mutated ovarian carcinomas. Asia-Pacific Journal of Clinical Oncology, 2014 Nov 27. doi: 10.1111/ajco.12310
- Niknam F, Napaki S, Aghmesheh M. Approach to multiple pulmonary nodules: A case report and review of literature. TheScientificWorldJournal 2011, 11, 760–765.
- ElSokkari I, Greening S, Aghmesheh M. A primary transitional cell carcinoma of fallopian tube, case report. International Journal of Obstetric and Gynecologic Research, 2011, 18: 27: 23.
- Links M, Aghmesheh M. Second Opinions: Agendas and Ego. Acta Oncologica, 2009; 48(8):1210-3
- Easton DF, Pooley KA, … Aghmesheh M, … Cox DR, Ponder BAJ. Genome-wide association study identifies novel breast cancer susceptibility loci. Nature, 2007; 447 (7148): 1087-1093.
- Aghmesheh M, Suo Z, Friedlander M, Nesland JM, Kaern J, Stewart M, Kconfab, Dorum A, Tucker KM, Buckley M. Chromosome 2q24.2 is lost in sporadic but not in BRCA1-associated ovarian carcinomas. Pathology, 2006 Apr; 38: 145-51.
- Kaern J, Aghmesheh M, Nesland JM, Danielsen HE, Sandstad B, Friedlander M, Tropé C. Prognostic factors in ovarian carcinoma stage III patients. Can biomarkers improve the prediction of short- and long-term survivors? Int J Gynecol Cancer, 2005 Nov;15:1014-22
- Aghmesheh M, Edwards L, Clarke CL, Byth K, Katzenellenbogen BS, Russell PJ, Friedlander M, Tucker KM, de Fazio, A. Expression of steroid hormone receptors in BRCA1-associated ovarian carcinomas. Gynecol Oncol, 2005 Apr; 97:16-25
- Aghmesheh M, Friedlander M, Russell PJ, Edwards L, Yang J-L, kConFab, Nesland JM, Danielson H, Kaern J, Tucker KM. BRCA1 mutation site may associate with nuclear DNA content in BRCA1-associated ovarian cancer. ASCO, 2004. J Clin Oncol 2004; 22(14): 459S, Suppl.
- Aghmesheh M, Nesland J, Kaern J, Dorum A, Edwards L, Byth K, Friedlander M, Jackson P, Tucker KM, Russell PJ. No differences in p53 mutation frequencies between BRCA1- associated and sporadic ovarian cancers. Gynecol Oncol, 2004 Dec; 95:430-6.
- Daja MM, Aghmesheh M, Ow KT, Rhode PR, Barrow KD, Russell PJ. The detection of beta human chorionic gonadotropin (b-hCG) in prostate cancer. Molecular Urology, 2000; 4 (4): 421-427.